Our Collection and Use of Information:
SunRay may collect information in a number of ways from users who access our Site or services. We may collect personal and non-personal information in various ways. You may provide your information to us as part of a request to receive a communication from us (such as a whitepaper) or more information regarding a product or a service; we may request your information to better serve you; or we may require your information in order to be able complete a transaction (e.g. an online sale) or to provide access (e.g. returning to revisit an online service we may offer in the future, such as a secure client-only access).
A. Collection of Personal Information
Personal information (or “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”) is information and data that can be used to specifically identify or contact a single person.
Personal information we collect
Examples of some types of personal information SunRay may collect in connection with the Site and how we may use it include the following:
- If you register to receive communications from us regarding any product, or services; if you request support; of you seek to do business with SunRay; if you provide electronic feedback on our services or products, or participate in a promotion or online survey, or respond to an advertisement, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and/or social media credentials. SunRay does not directly collect credit card numbers in connection with the Site, and we do not collect or store credit card numbers from end-users in connection with any the Site.
- We may collect information required to provide the services in connection with your access including PII such as your name, email address, IP address and current location. This information in some cases may only be stored temporarily, or transiently, e.g. during a particular secure session between your computer and a server hosting the Site.
How we use your personal information
- Optional Communications: The personal information we collect allows us to provide you with SunRay’s latest product announcements, white papers, and other information, updates, and upcoming events. These communications, if offered, are optional. If you don’t want to receive these communications, or do not wish to be on our mailing list, you can opt out of receiving them. Each communication of any type from us will provide opt-out directions, and if you are a registered user, client, or customer, you will also be able to generally opt-out after you are logged in (e.g. via your account, dashboard, or the like). The information in connection with these optional communications and your responses help us to improve the Site, and our information, products, services, content, and advertising.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, improve, and customize our Site information, products, services, content, and advertising and to provide a better user experience for every user of our products and services.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve SunRay’s information, products, services, communications, support and/or help functions, and user interfaces.
- If you enter into a promotional program, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If we become involved in a legal process as a result of your actions on the Site, or in connection with any training materials, products, or services offered via the Site, we may be required to disclose your PII to a government authority, or a third party who e.g., issues a subpoena that require us to provide it. Our response(s) to any such legal process will be handled on a case-by-case basis following the advice of our attorneys.
B. Collection of Non-Personal Information
How we collect and use your non-personal information
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect non-personal information (e.g. demographic information) regarding our customers collectively including information such as age, gender, occupation, preferred language, zip code, area code, geographic location, or the time zone from which customers access the Site, information, products, or services. Such non-personal information is used so that we can better understand who our customers are, and their behavior generally with regards the Site, and to improve our information, products, services, communications, support, help, user experiences, and advertising for our customers.
- We also may collect non-personal information regarding customer activities on the Site or use of the SunRay information, products, and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Site, or our products, and services are of most interest or which can be improved. Non-personal support or help request data may be used to improve our information or the Site, communications, and user interfaces, or to allow us to provide additional product or service offerings to our present or future customers.
- We may collect non-personal information regarding the digital footprints of our customers with respect to accessing the Site, or any related information, products, or services including mobile and non-mobile access, specific types of devices being used, unique device IDs, type of browser(s) being used, networks that our customers use, and other non-personal information. This information may be used to improve the Site, information, products, or services including but not limited to their performance, functionality, design, or responsiveness.
C. Cookies and Other Technologies
SunRay may also use specific technologies in connection with certain communications such as emails that may be used to track actions by recipients. For example, these communications may include one or more clickable text or graphics that include URLs that link to content on the Site. However, these URLs may pass through a web server that tracks the click before arriving at the linked content on the Site. The tracked data can help SunRay determine the effectiveness of our communications to users and customers, or to gage interest in specific topics. If you prefer not to have your responses to such communications tracked in this manner, do not click links in the email messages. Such communications may also include pixel tags that can tell us whether e.g. an email has been opened. We may use this information to throttle the number of messages sent to users or customers, or to remove people who do not read or interact with our communications from one or more lists.
Cookies and other technologies can generally be controlled on your devices. If you want to disable cookies and you should review your privacy or security settings on your device. Please note that certain features of the Site or related information, products, or services may not be available if you have cookies disabled on your device. We will typically try to warn you that a page or feature you are trying to reach will not function without cookies enabled. If you have your cookies on your device or browser disabled and are having difficulties you may wish to enable them to see if the problem is resolved.
D. Log Files
As part of standard protocols, the servers hosting SunRay’s Site may automatically gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include date/time stamp of access, Internet Protocol (IP) address(es), device type, operating system, browser and version, language, login details, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring page, exit page, and other data. SunRay does not control this data or its collection.
E. Social Media
SunRay may collect certain information from you if you interact with us via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Snapchat, Instagram, and other such services. For example, you may be given the option to register to receive mailings, whitepapers, newsletters or the like, via your social media account. The information we receive or collect from such social media, and our ability to collect it, may depend on the social media site, its policies, and its requirements or its technology. We may collect the information you provide from these social media interactions and may use it for various purposes to improve our services or your experience, or to contact you regarding the reason you connected with us or with additional offers in the future. Of course, you have the opportunity to opt-out at any time provided we do not require a means of contacting you to fulfill your request.
Protecting children's privacy is important to SunRay. It is our policy to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. Therefore we restrict our website use to persons eighteen years or older. Therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn that SunRay has inadvertently collected or received the personal information of a child under 18 we will take steps to delete the information.
[PLEASE NOTE: You must be 18 or older to use the Site, and to purchase the training materials, products, or services offered via the Site without an adult (parent or guardian).]
DUE TO THE AGE RESTRICTIONS FOR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, NO INFORMATION OBTAINED VIA THIS WEBSITE FALLS WITHIN THE CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA) AND IT IS NOT MONITORED AS DOING SO.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if we discover or form a reasonable belief that we have received any information from a child under 18 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information. If you believe SunRay has any information from a child under age 18, please contact us at the following address:
SunRay Scientific, LLC
Long Branch, NJ 07740-5959
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times SunRay may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide information, products and services, or that help us service our customers. Personal information will only be shared by SunRay to provide or improve the Site, and our information, products, services, and advertising.
A. Service Providers
To provide its various products or services, SunRay works or may work with third party providers, who may be located wherever SunRay operates, or in any other location. Such companies provide services to SunRay. Examples may include server hosting, information processing, software platform services, emailing services, video hosting, product/service delivery, communications, managing and enhancing customer data, providing technical support and/or customer service, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. At any given time, SunRay may work with one or more such provider. We will only provide personal information to these companies where required for them to provide their services, or to improve our products or services for our customers. These companies are contractually obligated to protect your information.
SunRay will not share PII with third parties for their marketing purposes. In some cases, SunRay may be required by legal process to disclose your personal information. Such disclosure may be compelled by applicable law, regulation, judicial order, and/or lawful requests from local authorities. SunRay may also disclose information about you if we determine, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to ensure the safety of any individual(s), or for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
If the Site and/or information, products, or services, or SunRay LLC become the subject of a reorganization under the bankruptcy law, a merger, a sale, or other change in control, any and all personal information in SunRay’s control will be transferred to the trustee, debtor in possession, successor, acquirer, or such other third party as will control SunRay, the Site, and/or the information, products, or services thereafter.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information if we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our users, customers, or the public, prevent fraud or financial wrongdoing, or in any action to enforce our Terms of Service, other terms and conditions, or other policies regarding SunRay.
Personal Information Protection
SunRay uses commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. We restrict access of personal information to our employees, contractors, and/or agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. SunRay and its third party providers use or will use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is transmitted, or will advise you. Your personal browser settings can also be used to help identify any unsecure page.
You are solely responsible for any personal information you choose to submit on non-secure pages or sites including but not limited to public comment threads, if any on the Site, or any social media sites, groups, or threads related to the Site or the related information, products, or services.
Access to Your Personal Information
Except for the very limited personal data described herein, SunRay does not currently anticipate maintain significant PII on visitors who do not register (e.g. for mailing or to receive whitepapers or the like). Registered SunRay users, if any, should periodically log in to review their name, contact information and other readily available personal information, and to ensure they are accurate, complete, and up to date. Any registered users can make changes to their information.
You can request access to any personal information we have for you. We will make a good faith effort to provide you with access to reasonably accessible information. You can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete your personal data. SunRay will comply with such requests if they are reasonable and we will delete your data if SunRay is not required to retain it by law, and does not require it for legitimate business purposes. We may reserve the right to refuse deletion requests that we believe require undue time, or technical effort, or where not provided by local law. We also reserve the right to deny or delay requests where the personal information is scheduled to be deleted as part of any upcoming purge of data that is not being retained. Request for access, correction, or deletion can be submitted to legal@SunRayScientific.com.
Links to Third-Party Site
International Users: US Safe Harbor
This Policy was created August 2017 and last updated September 1, 2017.
Notice of Compliance to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights Under The California Online Privacy Protection Act and the California Business and Professions Code
SunRay does not maintain an online process for an individual consumer who uses or visits our commercial website or online service to review and request changes to any of his or her personally identifiable information that is collected through our website or online service.
For the purposes of this policy and California compliance the following definitions apply:
Depending on your activity on our website or online service, the following "personally identifiable information" may be collected, in addition to what is in prior sections of this document.
The term "personally identifiable information" means individually identifiable information about an individual consumer collected online via the Site from an individual and maintained by us in an accessible form and may include any of the following:
- A first and last name;
- A home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town;
- An e-mail address;
- A telephone number;
- Any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual; and
Under California Law SB 27, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you or your family for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to legal@SunRayScientific.com and please include the phrase "California Privacy Request" in the subject line, the domain name of the website you are inquiring about, along with your name, address and e-mail address. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request.
"Cookies" and How We Use Them
Advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies (e.g. on their own sites). SunRay does not control any third party’s use of such cookies and we expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected by or through them.
Public Areas & Social Media: Any information you disclose in any public areas of our website (if any) or the Internet, including via social media becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
SunRay Scientific, LLC
Long Branch, NJ 07740-5959